This Week in Digital: w/c May 28th and June 4th
It is a double TWiD due to the UK double bank holiday next week; we will be back on June 11th.
What’s happened this week:.
- Facebook launched Facebook Camera an app not entirely dissimilar from the USD 1bn Instagram.
- The parent company of Juicy Couture sold shares to their customers via their Facebook page, incentivizing customers to be brand advocates – the “ultimate ‘like’ button”
- Yahoo have made their search results more visual
What we have learned:
- Even small local companies can benefit hugely from mobile optimized pages
- Mobile, especially tablets, are becoming more important to retailers
- Guinness is the most mobile friendly drink!
- Leap Motion is a super accurate motion sensor that brings the Minority Report interface to life.
- Mystevie creates a TV station from your Facebook and Twitter feeds, with your phone acting as remote control.
- AT&T are cleverly connecting broadcast product placement in ‘Touch’ with branded web series ‘Daybreak’.
Where to find more:
- Apple’s haptic (vibrating) pen opens up a lot of opportunities. iPhone users will also find a cool custom vibration tip!
- Some very creative examples of banner ads
- Google’s Larry Page at Zeitgeist – we should take advantage of the amazing opportunities modern technology provides and with more ambitious goals we can double the rate of human progress
Thanks to JP and the Futures group