- *Ofcom released the 2011 International Communications Market Report, benchmarking many of the world’s major media markets.
What we have learned:
- Google’s Zeitgeist 2011 tells us that Rebecca Black was the most searched for person worldwide this year.
- Americans now spend more time with mobile media than with print media.
- 80% of consumers most value coupons and discounts from brands in Social Media.
- IBM’s 5in5: 5 technologies that will gain traction within 5 years from biometric security to ultra targeted advertising.
- NFC is expected to finally reach the mainstream in 2012. It is useful for many things beyond low value payments.
- Renault will integrate a tablet called the R-Link in to some 2012 models.
Where to find more:
- The Internet gets physical: How the Industrial Internet (as opposed to the Consumer Internet we are used to) is changing the world through initiatives such as IBM’s Smarter Planet.
- How RSS will power all sorts of interesting new consumer services in 2012.
- The Future of Digital advertising is magic + math(s).
- Sam (thanks to JP and the Futures team)