- Apple’s Q2 figures beat the highest expectations c75% of revenue comes from iPhone and iPad, illustrating the world’s appetite for innovative technology.
- Airbnb raised $112m of VC indicating renewed confidence in real world businesses powered by digital technology.
- Google have closed Google labs as part of a strategy to ‘put more wood behind fewer arrows’.
What we have learned:
- Online sales are rising around 20% pa in the UK offsetting 0.6% decline on the High St.
- 73% of us think about information more deeply when we share it, part of the psychology of sharing from the New York Times.
- How brands are using game mechanics and dynamics to boost marketing effectiveness.
- Shadow Cities shows us many of the future faces of gaming, a location based multi-player game.
- Amex link deals to your location and Social graph.
- Monitor you health with a tattoo and an app?
Where to find more:
- Social is just a feature now, a developing view in the investment community. They are most excited by HTML5 and post PC devices.
- The evolving role of the Digital Strategist to integrate with broader comms but retain specialist skills.
- Think Quarterly from Google is focusing on innovation ideas from top thinkers.
- Sam (thanks to JP and the Futures team)