- Apple launched a series of updated Mac Book Pros with new features including a super fast connection called Thunderbolt that can ( in theory) transfer a Blu-ray of data in <5 seconds.
- The Oscars is becoming a two screen event, check out the Social media numbers behind them.
- Facebook have merged share functions with the ‘like’ button, with implications for brand’s Social Media approach
What we have learned:
- In South Korea every home will have 1gb/sec Internet access by the end of next year, what does that mean?
- What Google learned in 2010. Including the fact that 60% of US mothers search for coupons online.
- There are c200m Twitter accounts and 110m tweets per day, from the state of the Twittesphere.
- Mobile advertising is getting ever more creative, learning how to play to its strengths of intimacy and interaction.
- This is fantastic, see your life in a Japanese pop video. Connect everything up to this on Safari or Chrome
- We have seen digitally mapped projections outdoors for a couple of years now, what about taking them inside? How would this alter the retail experience?
Where to find more:
- QR codes are now in the mainstream and brands are using them for a wide variety of purposes, especially in event marketing.
- The gamification of the movie experience. Everything is having a game mechanic applied to it these days.
- How the TV industry is using Social Media to drive new kinds of viewing.
- Sam (thanks to JP and the Futures team)