- Apple and NewsCorp are to launch an iPad only newspaper called ‘daily’.
- The web 2.0 summit took place with the customary Mary Meeker presentation ‘10 Questions for every Internet exec’ with lots of new global Digital stats.
- Google launched Boutiques.com a fashion discovery and commerce site, potentially a hugely significant move.
What we have learned:
- 250m people use Facebook on a daily basis.
- ITV believe that the second age of digital switchover is just beginning as we move to the age of connected TV sets.
- Over half of all mobile searches on Bing have local intent.
- How brands are beginning to use Google Goggles for branding purposes, some mind blowing stuff.
- I AM PLAYR is an interesting football based Social Game that could very well breakthrough, it launches in a couple of weeks.
- Storytelling 2.0 collates some interesting new examples of trans-media storytelling with some lessons for brands.
- Petit Poste is a stylish digital answer to a perennial problem.
Where to find more:
- How brands are utilising Social Media in 2010
- Fastcompany’s view of the future of advertising.
- Why twitter matters, interesting thoughts from Alan Rusbridger.
- How the iPad has breathed new life in to print.
- Sam (thanks to JP and the Futures team)